Wine and Love brought to you by Nora. Come on everybody, join in on the fun!
So I thought 3/23 was Thursday. FAIL. Now I’m pre-Wining/Loving for next week (today, 3/29), when you will see this, so I don’t forget.
1. Feeling possibly like I may get sick.. #scared I don’t want to be sick during my trip. Flying while congested is THE worst.
2. I realized that I suck at following prompts. Hence, my one post from the whole The Scintilla Project. :( bah. Fail big time. I just stare at the topic and a huge mind block just appears.
3. Yoga/Zumba is having their spring break this week, and I’ll be out of town for the next few classes as well. :( Let’s hope I watch what I eat, and not indulge in this deliciousness again. (Totchos aka Tater Tot Nachos from Bullitt SF)
1. Philly/NYC in 1 week! Hawaii is happening! Hawaii in 1 month, and BiSC in 1.5 months ish. SOOOOO AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE. I expect to take lots of photos of food or random things to post about. WOOT *dance*
2. Last week, I won an Oxo 5lb scale from I Can Cook That. Awesome!!! I take no credit for those gifs. I’m excited because Dessert First‘s Anita Chu, who taught the cookie class, suggested that converting to weight measurements would be more accurate than measuring spoons. Now all I need is a KitchenAid Stand Mixer….. sigh
3. Had lunch with my old coworkers. I’m soo glad I left that situation, but I do miss them a lot!! They’re such awesome good people. It really is so sad that it came to this, but I’m glad I still have friends there.
4. I sewed a friggin’ flower last week!!! I’m sure you’ve seen my posts, but I’m so proud of myself. Here it is again. Now I want to sew felt flowers. I just need to buy felt and better thread/more colors. I wish I had room to do more crafty stuff :) My old coworker is going to teach me how to do the felt flower. Awesome!
I can’t wait until I don’t have to worry about money. I want a Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutter. Until recently, I didn’t know they even existed. The fabric cutting part was the most difficult part of putting the darn thing together. The Big Shot doesn’t come with everything unfortunately. You’d have to buy accessories/shapes and then use that to cut the fabric. It takes 2 seconds though. Amazeballs!! The flower I made is tulle and a satin teal fabric from Beverly’s, for my bridesmaid shoes.. which brings me to…
5. I accompanied my friend on her hair/makeup consultation for her wedding!!
I love seeing makeup and hair being done, and it felt good to be there for her. She had lost her voice, but we were able to express to them what she wanted. I lurve it!!!!! She’s so gorgeous! The first hair style they did wasn’t great, and I stuck up for her because they got slightly defensive. I showed them another picture of what she wanted, and they got it right the second time. For the amount she’s paying, she better get what she wants!!
6. I made Florentine cookies from this recipe, which is the same one from the cookie class above in Love #3. She did NOT lie when she said these cookies spread.
I don’t have an actual full size cookie sheet, so I had to make do. I used a loaf sized tin and a 9×13 tin, so it took me forever. The bf likes them and said his family would too, so I had to do a test run first. Well… I would say it turned out mostly successful minus the fact that they were in no way circular, and that the chocolate was skipped. Quite tasty and delicious, if I say so myself.
Giant merged Florentine!!! I didn’t pay attention to how many the recipe made. I almost ran out of tupperware.
I feel guilty for bringing them home to my dad. He loves them. It’s made with pretty much just butter, sugar, and almonds… Come get your sugary, buttery nuts!!
So, what’s making you reach for the wine and what are you loving in life this week? Cheers to awesomehappy weeks ahead, my lovely readers. Did you see how many times I used the word ‘awesome’ in this post?