[about me]A twenty-something, San Francisco native, fattie, bookworm, lover of dinosaurs, ninjapoos, unicorns, snacks, potatoes, and doodling.
[cloud]A adventure B baking Beer being a bridesmaid bisc blackout Brooklyn childhood friends Chinese food chocolate chip cookie cookies cooking cookware craft crush design diy Double Daddy Imperial IPA eggplant fail family fashion fitness flower food foodgasm friends high school HIMYM holiday homebrew htc one x J job kitchen korean love matters of the heart middle school momofuku nyc oxo paperdapp philly quit recipe resolution sad San Francisco Scintilla Scintilla Project seester sf shoes shop shopping sick Speakeasy Ales & Lagers star wars stfu stop pipa stop sopa sweded travel trip veda VEDA2012 vegas wine and love yelp yelpsf yoga zumba
Ever since I was young, when left to fend for myself when it came to food, I was always excited and ready to experiment. I do, however, play the melodramatic damsel card: “Oh dear, what am I to do? I shall starve to death. ” But, then I go prancing toward the kitchen ready to play. My parents are off on another one of their vacation adventures, so of course, the first place I go to is Trader Joes. Luckily, we already had some leftovers, so the purchase was kept minimal at some cheese, sauces, and salad mix. (Yes, I live at home. They feed me. I’m spoiled.)
Monday: Roasted Duck (shredded) Garlic Fried Rice with Egg and Leek
Tuesday: Baby Lettuce Mix w/ Fresh Mozzarella, Fire Roasted Red Pepper, Shredded Free Range Chicken Breast and Thigh, Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil
Wednesday: Random idea based off of the Shanghai breakfast rice roll aka Fuan Tuan – My version only has Seaweed Wrap, Garlic Fried Rice, Pork Sung.
So, far no disappointments!! My next post will probably be about the Wednesday night recipe. Yum! So what’s on your plate this week?
– Thought I did well for the interviews with a large international retail corp, but haven’t heard back yet. I emailed on Monday, and left a vmail today. Being in HR/Recruiting, I feel like it’s just rude/unprofessional to not respond at all. This gives me no motivation.
– Missing bff. Was also getting upset, so I had to unsubscribe to keep my fb newsfeed free of heartstabby stabs. Feels so final and sad.
– Ate something that didn’t sit well with my stomach, so I drove myself home as fast as possible trying not to throw up on myself in my car, got home, threw up, and then had a stomach ache for a little. Took a nap, and now I think it’s gone… wtf.
– Beautiful weather in SF/Bay Area lately.
– Enjoyed a busy day at my friend’s bridal shower in Piedmont. The bride-to-be’s sister-in-law graciously hosted and she was Martha Stewart amazeballs, making cakepops, and all the decor. Afterwards, we headed to out to do pottery painting. I painted my own Mickey butt mug at Color Me Mine in Alameda. We then surprised the bride-to-be with a show at AsiaSF! The girls are amahzing.. gorgeous and sweet.
– Backyard chill time on Sunday in the Mission where @karlthefog showed up way later than the rest of the city.
– 2 Giants games in a week (although I didn’t get to witness the Matt Cain perfect game). One game was courtesy of my friends at Orange Photography. Thanks, guys!! :)
– Tried Mr and Mrs Miscellaneous for the first time. YUM!
– First time at Craw Station (<– my review here) with my old coworkers, and went to Limetree with a friend. Love them both! Haven’t been to Limetree in ages. It’s so delicious!
– Did a Tartine run, relaxed at Dolores Park, devoured some Birite Salted Caramel and Coffee Toffee Ice Cream with my cousin (the one who has 5 chickens that I was watching while they were on vacation.. which brings me to..)
– Don’t have to scrape chickenshit out of a chicken coop every morning anymore! (which is what I’ve been doing every day for past 3 weeks. But I guess I was also rewarded with fresh eggs.. so it’s worth it..)
– Dying to go karaoke. Tired of lip syncing at home. “I’m forever yours.. faithfully..” Think this may happen on Friday. Maybe. I can’t help singing love songs from late 80’s – early 90’s.. Grew up on K101 (now star101.. bleh)
– Finished Game of Thrones, Girls, and Mad Men. Now what?
– Keane is back from his Italian adventures! Suki/RV are back from their Colorado adventures. Party!
– Went to Thai Temple in Berkeley for some delicious noodle soup. Ended up at the Ashby flea market, where I got these totally awesome hello kitty fashion glasses for hella cheap!
It’s the little things.
4 Wine glasses
A Food Processor
An Ugly Christmas Sweater
A pair of fuzzy slippers
4 Bottles of wine
5 Bottles of beer
A Bottle of Soy Sauce
A Bottle of Oyster Sauce
A Giants Foam Fist
4 Stuffed Fur Babies
6 Pixar Figurines
A Pirex Dish
A Hair Dryer/ Straightener
A Toothbrush/ Other Toiletries
2 Trips to Seattle and Philly
A Trip to London and NYC
Stir well. Bake at 350 degrees for 3.5 years.
So today, I decided to move the rest of my stuff out. A little painful, but necessary to keep on, keepin’ on. It’s been almost 2 weeks, and I don’t know how long I was going to put it off for. Of course this list and photo collage do our relationship no justice, but I’m posting them here because I have absolutely no regrets. It just felt so surreal packing 3 years into 7 reusable bags. I’m scared that it’ll be all that I have left of this great amazing epic first love (first for me). I already feel so far from him. But I know it’s for the best — for now. In the meantime, I’m going out, enjoying hanging out with friends, and singing sad songs (interspersed with Carly Rae Jepsen) in my living room. This includes lipsyncing/dancing when my parents are around; I do have video proof of getting caught, but we’ll save that for
another time never. Mourning time.
Wine and Love brought to you by Nora, and now hosted by suki at Superduperfantastic. Wine/Love: things during the week that made you reach for the wine, and things that you loved. (Seriously hard to stay positive right now, but I’m so glad to have such supportive/distracting friends.)
– :'( All the sadness.
– :'( Seeing couples everywhere. PDA SUCKS RIGHT NOW! STOP IT PLZ!
– :'( Looking for wedding congrats card and seeing all the silly lovey dovey cards nearby that I would steal ideas from to draw him (because I’m cheap and never bought a card for him) But now I can’t.
– Have to renew my Flickr Pro account. UGH. $$$ 3 day warning..
– Semi-progress/finding distractions: not leaking from the face every time I see couples (doesn’t mean I don’t want to STAB them.. JUSTSAYIN’) /people ask me if I’m ok. I’m sure this is temporary, but oh well.
– Friends.. thanks for the real hugs, virtual hugs, and photos of kittens hugging each other.
– Puffy eyes are less puffy. Think the tear glands are drying up..
– Bernal Heights Park dog walk and wine tasting with seester, rv, and treavor (YAY, HE’S PASSING THROUGH SF).
– Hung out with Diana, and we had this Shibuya Style Honey Box Toast Dessert thing (is that a euphemism for something.. honey box..) from Akiba. <– review here!
She bought me this White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake from Schubert’s Bakery. She’s so sweet.
Hey readers.. 4by6, who made our amazing business cards (designed by Shatterboxx) is offering BiSC blog readers this nice promo special. This exclusive promotion is for a free 4×4″ set of 20 square cards printed on our premium Satin paper. Perfect for making beautiful prints of a favorite Instagram or other square-format image. It’s hip to print square! Leave the back of your cards blank, print in one or two colors, or go full color. We print in full color on both sides. One promo set per customer. Need help prepping your files? Take our complimentary File Valet service for a spin. But hurry! This offer expires on June 2, 2012. Shipping not included. Use promo code BISC4by6 when ordering.
photo credit: suki
So you hear it from me and not through the grapevine.
Today, we made the difficult decision to break up. First boyfriend, first break up. The only thing I know how to do is reason with myself and write, besides eating gobs of chocolate and rocking in a corner crying. Break up. I hate those words. Like a shattered vase, that you can’t glue back together. We knew we’d face this tough decision sooner or later.. and I had always hoped that we could ignore it forever. There is no way a relationship can work when what you want in life is on a different path, no matter how much you love each other. I thought about this a few years ago, and we both chose to ignore it then. I want a family, he doesn’t. We tried to prepare for this, but no one can prepare you for this. I keep wishing I’d wake up from this nightmare, but it’s real and my heart aches. All I can think of is how I can’t hold his hand, kiss his face, schnuggle him, and occasionally dutch oven him. It took us almost a year to get together, and 3.5 years later, it’s over. I feel so lost without him, wandering/wallowing in my pit/cloud of tears and despair. My silver lining is that we are and will remain friends. Thank you for an amazing 3.5 years, Ryan. Thanks for being my best friend. I don’t really know how this works.. I don’t know if I’ll ever really get over it, but I’ll try my best to not be a crazy person. I might cry with no notice. Just a warning…
Also bitches, stay away from him.. He’s a good one; I will cut you.